Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About the role:
The incumbent will be accountable for developing and design educational content as per the program requirement, with comprehensive responsibilities that encompass, but are not restricted to, the following broad areas.
- The Associate will develop teaching and learning materials of high quality tailored for primary grades.
- The associate will be responsible for designing innovative and engaging training methods for the program. Additionally, He/she will provide training to program team, focusing on the specific manuals and modules that have been developed.
- The Associate will be responsible for creating and updating online content for both students and facilitators. This includes various formats such as audio, video, and text messages.
- The associate will Assist the State HR in enhancing the capacity of program staff by conducting program-specific trainings and workshops in different program locations. He/she will actively engage with staff members of the program to comprehend their needs. Based on this understanding, the associate will design and implement necessary changes to improve the program.
- The Associate will conduct regular visits to all program sites to personally assess classroom & community challenges, provide assistance to program team, engage with community members including parents, village heads, and others concerned persons. He/she will also be responsible for documenting crucial field observations and preparing detailed reports on relevant categories.
- The associate will oversee, support, and monitor all program-related activities and provide regular reports to the Program Coordinator.
The associate will consistently compile and write reports on a regular basis.
- Support the program team throughout the academic year and assist the program coordinator in proper implementation of the program.
- Must be flexible to attend workshops for own ‘s capacity building, outside the state.
Travel: 70% travel in a month, to program sites.
This position requires you to report to the Program Coordinator & State Head.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educational / Professional Qualifications:
- Must have Completed Graduation with Maths as one of the subjects.
- Ability to lead & work effectively in teams.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
Qualification of teaching- learning methodology in primary grades.
Pratham teams work in rural areas therefore willingness to travel with the state and to other Pratham offices for this position is essential.
Interested candidates need to share his/her resume at firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2024.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any query, please reach out to us at email@example.com .
Location: Madhya Pradesh
Salary: Monthly CTC range starting from Rs. 25,000 (exclusive of travel and accommodation allowance)