Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service.
About the project:
Pratham in partnership with Reliance Foundation is aiming towards improving the quality of Early Childhood Education of Anganwadis in the district of Thane, Maharashtra. This collaborative intervention will include the development of Anganwadi labs which will serve as resource centers for anganwadis in the sector, training and community engagement.
Job Description for Content Associate
The position of a Content Associate for Early Years offers a wide spectrum of opportunity in the education sector. The Content Associate for the team functions along following outlines:
• Development of quality learning content for foundation literacy and numeracy.
• Building and reinforcement of teachers’ capacities, via training workshops on pedagogy and maximized learning techniques in Indian classrooms
• Tracking field progress through field visits, testing content feasibility and following reports
Roles & Responsibilities
The primary roles and responsibilities of a Content Associate will include:
• Creating Teaching-Learning materials: The Associate will create quality teaching-learning materials for relevant grades with the requirements of any project/region.
• Teacher-training material: The associate will design modern and dynamic training approaches for the teachers. He/she will also train teachers in various locations on the specific manuals and modules created.
• Digital Content: The Associate will create online content such as audio, video, text messages etc for children as well as mothers/teachers/facilitators.
• Capacity Building: The associate will build Pratham’s field staff’s capacity by handling project-specific training/workshops in various locations. By interacting with mothers/ teachers on an on-going basis, he/she will understand the requirements of teachers and students, as-well-as design and implement changes wherever required.
• Field visits: The Associate will periodically make visits to project locations in order to personally gauge classroom issues, assist teachers, interact with community members – parents, village head, angawadi sevikas etc and write reports on crucial field categories.
• Report writing: The associate will compile and write reports on behalf of the Central Content Team for ECE Reliance.
• Designing and lay outing: The associate will provide valuable inputs to the DTP and graphic designers to produce quality teaching-learning materials.
Required Qualification, Skills and Abilities
• Graduate or Postgraduate degree (preference will be given to degree in Early Childhood Education)
• Strong command over oral and written Marathi, Hindi and English languages
• Discerning eye for editing and modifying contents
• Ability to communicate fluently in Marathi, Hindi and English
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• 2- 5 years of work experience
• Strong literary connections
• Strong interest in the goals of Pratham
• Comfortable with extensive field work and travel
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
• Skilled in software applications such as Powerpoint, MS office
• Familiarity with rural and semi-urban regions of India
• Willing to travel frequently
• Work experience in development projects
• Qualification of teaching- learning methodology in early years
• Preference will be given to person with basic skills in Photoshop and Coreldraw
Location: Thane, Maharashtra
Remuneration: 55, 000 – 65,000 (based on prior experience)
Kindly Fill up the Google form https://forms.gle/khSjqLzUazWjUsyq8 We will reach out to you to set up the application process. Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants